Introduction of Bachelors in Travel and Tourism (BTTM in Nepal) | future scope in Nepal and Abroad | Cost to complete BTTM course | Salary scale | Colleges that conduct BTTM course in Nepal
Here are some of the common features of the Bachelor of Travel and Tourism courses (Brief Introduction of BTTM in Nepal)
- Course name: Bachelor in travel and tourism (BTTM)
- Duration to complete BTTM: 4 years
- Academic Year: Semester (6 months)
- Evaluation Method: GPA
- Faculty: Hospitality and Tourism
Introduction to BTTM in Nepal:
Strictly speaking, Nepal is one best country for tourism and thereby opportunities in the travel and tourism industry can’t be explained in a single line or in a paragraph. The need for professionals required to develop the travel and tourism industry is increasing day by day, and therefore Tribhuvan University has introduced a course named as Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM). The main motto of this course is to produce the best professionals to serve in the travel and tourism industry in the best way at both private and public sector.
Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM) is the four-year semester-based course which is affiliated to TU under the faculty Hospitality and Tourism.
Eligibility for Admission in the BTTM program:
The candidates applying for BTTM course should have:
a. Successfully completed the 10+2 with at least 2nd division in any stream or equivalent from any University, Board or Institution recognized by Tribhuvan University (TU).
b. English as a full paper at 10+2 or equivalent.
c. Passed the entrance examination -CMAT.
Objectives of the BTTM program:
This program is introduced to produce middle-level professionals for the travel and tourism industry. After completing this course student:
1. Will have gained knowledge about travel and tourism and its operation both theoretically and practically.
2. Will be able to handle functions internal tourist service operation including handling, managing and planning tours, treks and rafting program and handling domestic and international air ticketing.
3. Will be able to gain a further degree in travel and tourism.
4. Will develop a sustainable personality to match the required professionals of the tourism sector.
Curriculum Structure of the Bachelor of travel and Tourism (BTTM) course:
The BTTM course comprises of the following five separate course components:
- Compulsory courses
- Core courses
- Elective Courses
- Industrial attachment
- Project Work
Evaluation Method of BTTM in Nepal:
The grading system to evaluate the performance of students in the BTTM course shall be as follows (For BTTM program of TU):
Letter grade CGPA Division
A 4.000 First Division with Distinction
B+ 3.333 to < 4.000 First Division
B 3.000 to < 3.333 Second Division
B- 2.667 to < 3.000 Pass in Individual Paper
F < 2.667 Fail
BTTM colleges in Nepal:
Some of the colleges that conduct BTTM course in Nepal are:
1. Nepal College of Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM, TU)
2. Public Youth Campus (BTTM, TU)
3. Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management (BTTM, TU)
4. Kathmandu Model College (BTTM, TU)
Job prospects for BTTM graduates in Nepal and abroad:
Once you passed the Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management, the doors of many fields are opened for you. You can have opportunities to get a job in many fields related to Travel and tourism. You can work in the private or public sector. Moreover, you can establish your own travel and tourism company in Nepal. Travel and Tours industry will offer you a good job if you have some experience in such industries. Some of the jobs that you may get after completing your BTTM program are:
2. Ticketing Officer
3. Reservation agent
4. Sales Executive
5. Manager on Duty
6. Customer service officer
7. Manager at travel and tours companies
And many more.