Bachelor’s in Hospitality management
With the raise in need in the hospitality and the management field, in this very touristic front country of Nepal, evolved the career in hotel management. There are certain criteria in the field of hospitality which cannot be addressed by the workforce in the modern global world and that is where a student of Hospitality management will be best made use of.
Front desk, housekeeping, room boy, bell boy, customer service, travel, ticketing, marketing, tour guides, bus operators are amongst few prospects of studying Bachelors in Hospitality management, commonly known as Bachelors in Hotel Management (BHM) in Nepal.
Bachelor in hospitality and tourism management is a very practical and rigorous management degree which quips and educates student in management and hospitality discipline. The main intention of BHTM course in Nepal is to quip students with all required knowledge to make them competent, competitive to succeed in hospitality and management oriented career.
BHTM is a very practical and extensive course of study and is a fully fledged 4 years bachelor course. In order to attain a bachelor degree in BHTM in Nepal a student requires 26 credits of foundation courses, 30 credits of core management courses, 70 credits of core hospitality courses and 6 credits of practical courses combined with report writing.
KU Eligibility for BHTM
- BHTM is open to Nepalese and non-Nepalese nationals who:
- 10+2, Intermediate degree or equivalent with minimum of 50 percent or CGPA of 2 on the scale of 4
- Passing Kathmandu University Undergraduate Management Admission Test (KUUMAT).
Selection of the candidate is based on:
- entrance exam
- Merit of academic attainment up to the 10+2 of schooling
- Scores on written English Test, Interview and Group Discussion conducted by the College. Please note that during the final selection interview candidates have to be accompanied by their parents or guardians.
TU Eligibility for BHTM
- Successful completion of 10+2 with 2nd division from Institution recognized by Tribhuvan University (TU).
Course Duration: 4 years
- Entrance exam
- Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) and interview
- Candidate should be present physically during the admission procedure.
Useful Resources (Links)
For scholarships in Nepal or Abroad: Scholarships
For Notes and question banks: NotesZone
For group discussion regarding the course: Groups
For any assistance or inquiry regarding the course: Contact
For other related course information: All Courses
For StudentsNepal membership (free): Join
If you have any further information, query, objections or suggestions please do leave your comment in the comment box below. Your every input will be a great resource for us and all other readers.
For colleges/institutions/students: If you want to add anything to this article that is important/ informative to the readers please email us at [email protected]. Credits will be given for unique resource. We will be more than happy to add anything that benefits the students.
Forums for Hospitality Management