- MemberJune 19, 2017 at 4:27 am
Good to see lots of educated and well experienced people here together.
people’s are answering others questions with solution. This is what my expectations was when I joined this site. I have some questions too.. hopefully there are many of you who can answer this correctly. I will be pleased to read all of your opinion….
My question is
I just passed SEE with 62% & GPA of 2.45, what are the good subjects I can take for 11 class? And FYI my math is only D+, am I still eligible to study science and civil engineering etc? If yes,pls enlighten me how?
- MemberJune 20, 2017 at 5:18 am
Which subject you are interested in??…. That matters first.
Reading the subject without your interest and in which you can’t achieve the goal is not effective.
- MemberJune 24, 2017 at 10:56 am
Hello Ashok, at first congratulations for your SEE result. You seem to be in dilemma regarding selection of subject for further study. I want to tell you that before choosing any subject, you should first consider the minimum grade required to pursue it. There are different requirements for studying different subjects after SEE. As you have mentioned that your GPA is 2.45 and your score in Math is D+, I think that you are not eligible to study science or diploma in engineering. Though, the GPA requirement to study science is met, however your score in Math is not sufficient to study these subjects. But there is nothing to worry about it as there are many more good options that you can choose from. You can still choose management and humanity faculty or diploma in agriculture if you have obtained C in any one of Science or English. The minimum grade requirement to study different subject is as follows,
• To study science, 2.0 GPA is needed along with Grade C+ in C. Math and Science and at least D+ on English, Nepali, and Social Studies.
• To study management, 1.6 GPA is needed along with at least D+ on English, Nepali, C. Math and Social Studies.
• To study Humanities and Education, 1.6 GPA is needed along with at least D+ on English, Nepali and Social Studies.
• To study Diploma Engineering, at least C is needed in C. Math and Science and D+ in English.
• To study Diploma Health, 2 GPA is needed along with at least C+ on C. Math, English and Science.
• To study Diploma in Agriculture, you need to secure C in any two subjects i.e., C. Math or Science or English and D+ in remaining subject.
There is nothing like that studying science or engineering will open your future path, today every subject possess opportunity and scope. The thing is, you need to excel in your chosen subject. Good luck for your future.
- MemberAugust 16, 2018 at 7:48 am
Hello Ashok, many students are found to be in a dilemma about which subject they can study in grade 11 according to the GPA they have attained in SEE. It is obvious for you to be in such condition as well. You have a very good percentage and GPA. Your aggregate GPA is enough to study any subject of your choice. However, the grade of Mathematics is very important to study Science and Engineering. As you said that you have only scored D+ in Mathematics, I think you won’t be able to choose science or Engineering filed. But there are many other fields to choose from. You can choose any field of your interest. Each subject also has own criteria of minimum GPA and grades required in different subjects to study the particular course. For the details of the course and the GPA required, see the link given below:
- MemberJanuary 11, 2020 at 12:58 pm
my answer is yes D+ will be sufficient as per the syllabus of many science colleges of nepal. But after that you must be working hard and secure good grades.
Log in to reply.