Introduction to BCA course (Bachelor in Computer Application) | Colleges conducting BCA course in Nepal | Eligibility to study BCA in Nepal | course structure and syllabus of BCA in Nepal | Job and Business options after completing BCA | Further study options after BCA | Scope of BCA in Nepal and abroad | Universities |
Bachelors in Computer Application is a mixed type of technical course in Nepal. Pokhara University and Purbanchal University design and conduct the BCA program in Nepal currently. It includes a combined academic study of some engineering techniques as well as management skills within a single academic program. The students are required to have technical knowledge of information technology in the process of operating and managing database administrations, system designing, analyzing, project managing, etc.
Eligibility to study BCA in Nepal:
Both the Purbanchal University and Pokhara University Have the provisions to provide Admission to the students who have secured a minimum percentage of 45% in Aggregate or have passed in Plus Two or in Intermediate In Science, Commerce, Arts or any other disciplines.
Objectives of the BCA course:
BCA programs consist of the core motives in the production of highly qualified professionals who have both theoretical and practical knowledge in computer systems and its application.
Several other motives behind are:
- Training for students to create solutions for information system based needs and problems in commercial, financial, governmental or other types of organizations.
- Providing knowledge of various tools, concepts, and techniques of software development.
- Preparation of students for acquiring careers in dynamic and continually evolving fields of software development.
- Building up sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Providing a solid foundation for further studies leading to MCA (Masters in Computer Applications), MIT, MS Computer Science and MBA.
Career Options and Scope of BCA in Nepal and abroad:
Governmental Organizations, manufacturing Industry, information technology Commerce and education etc need a large volume of competent and skilled computer professionals where BCA students can get involved.