Important information about the Land Measurement units in Nepal. You can easily convert the units of land measurement by using the info below.
The most popular units of land measurement in Nepal are Aana, Kattha, Bigha, Ropani, Dhur etc. In the cities, Terai belt of Nepal like Butwal, Bhairahawa, Nepaljung, Biratnagar etc haat, kattha, bigha etc units are much popular while in Kathmandu valley Aana, Ropani and square foot are in much use. In coming years square meter will be the widely used for land measurement in Nepal.
A Bigha is a customary unit of measurement in Nepal, equal to about 6,773 square meters. Officially, most measurements of lands use units of either Bigha (in Terai region) or Ropani (Nepali: रोपनी) (in Hilly regions). Metric system is very rarely used officially in measuring area of Land.
Below are some of the most used and searched conversion rates of different land measurement units of Nepal. If you memorize these measurement unit conversion rates you won’t need any land unit converting software or apps to convert the land measurement units in Nepal.
Land Area Measurement in Nepal
Conversion in Local Measurements in Nepal
Quantity Conversion in Nepal
1 moori = 20 pathi
1 pathi = 4 curuwa = 4.54596 ltr
1 curuwa = 2 mana
1 mana = 4 chauthai = 10 muthi
1 lit = 1.7598 mana
Weight Measurement units of Nepal
1 kg = 5 pau in ktm 4 pau outside ktm
1 pau = 19 tola = 199 gms
1 tola = 100 lal = 11.66 gm
1 chatak = 4 1/2 tola = 58.31 gm
1 pau = 4 chatak
1 seer = 0.9331 kg
1 dharni = 12 pau = 2.3934 kg
1 maund = 37.3242 kg
1 gm = 8.573 lal
1 pound = 0.4536 kg
How may kattha equals 1 Bigha? (Kattha to Bigha)
-1 Bigha = 20 Kattha (कठ्ठा)
- The kattha, Bigha system of land measurement is mostly popular in Terai region.
How much meter square equals 1 bigha? (Bigha to Square meter)
-1 Bigha = 6772.63 m²
How much square foot equals 1 bigha? (Bigha to Square foot)
-1 Bigha (बिघा) = 72900 sq.ft.
How much Ropani equals 1 bigha? (Bigha to Ropani)
-1 Bigha (बिघा) = 13.31 Ropani
How many Dhur make 1 Kattha (Kattha to Dhur)
- 1 Kattha (कठ्ठा) = 20 Dhur (धुर)
- 1 Kattha (कठ्ठा) = 338.63 m²
- 1 Kattha (कठ्ठा) = 3645 sq.ft. (kattha to sq. ft)
- 1 Dhur (धुर) = 16.93 m² (Dhur to sq. Mt)
- 1 Dhur (धुर) = 182.25 sq.ft.
- 1 Ropani (रोपनी)= 16 aana (आना) (Ropani to Aana)
- 1 Ropani (रोपनी)= 64 Paisa (पैसा) (Ropani to Paisa)
- 1 Ropani (रोपनी)= 508.72 m² (Ropani to meter square)
- 1 Ropani (रोपनी)= 5476 sq.ft.
- 1 Ropani (रोपनी)= 256 Daam (दाम)
- 1 Ropani = 4 Matomuri
- 1 Khetmuri = 25 Ropani
- 1 Aana (आना)= 4 Paisa (पैसा)
- 1 Aana (आना)= 31.80 m²
- 1 Aana (आना) = 342.25 sq. ft.
- 1 Aana (आना) = 16 Daam (दाम)
- 1 Paisa (पैसा) = 4 Daam (दाम)
- 1 Paisa (पैसा) = 7.95 m²
- 1 Paisa (पैसा) = 85.56 sq. ft.
- 1 Daam (दाम) = 1.99 m²
- 1 Daam (दाम) = 21.39 sq. ft.
- 1 Haath = 1.5 ft. (Haat to Foot)
- 1 Bigha =20 Biswa
- 1 Bigha = .677263 hectare = 1.6735 acre = 13.31 Ropani (Bigha to Acre, Bigha to Hectare, Bigha to Ropani)
- 1.5 Bigha = 1 Hectare
- 1 Hectare = 19.965 Ropani
- 19.965 Ropani = 1 Hectare
- 1 Ropani = 508.83771 m²
Please feel free to contact us if you have any confusion about the land and other measurement units and conversion rates in Nepal.