Do you harbor dreams of becoming a successful fashion designer and going to the best fashion designing college in India? You are not alone! There are thousands of aspiring youngsters who wish to attend the best fashion design college in India in order to make their mark as designers and showcase their creativity to the world. However, the road towards becoming a popular and successful fashion designer has several twists and turns although it is always worth it!
Have you always been hooked to models sashaying down the biggest runways for the best brands? Have you always been a closet bibliophile on all things right from fashion trends and designers to the latest fashion shows? Do you have an innate knack for making your own outfits or at least visualizing them in different ways? Do you love drawing or sketching your ideas? If the answers to even some of these questions is a big resounding YES, indeed you should explore the possibilities offered by a career in fashion design.
However, before you begin your hunt for the best colleges for fashion designing in India and how you can apply, here’s taking a look at some of the traits of successful fashion designers, attributes that go a long way towards making them modern day icons in a manner of speaking.
• Creativity– Creativity make the successful fashion designer. He/she has to have an intrinsic personal flair and style when it comes to design and craftsmanship that sets him/her apart from the rest. Successful designers are creatively inspired by loads of things from dance and music to even the fine arts when it comes to transforming some raw material into a dazzling outfit or accessory.
• Drawing Skills– Great drawing skills are like the icing on the cake when it comes to well-known fashion designers and most of them are known to sketch out their ideas in accurate detail. These skills help in fleshing out specific design concepts.
• Detail– The best fashion designers are not just characterized by their creative flair but also for their eye for detail. Detailing is what clinches the deal right from the thoughtful pleats on that lovely skirt or embroidery that sets any outfit apart. In a highly competitive fashion arena, this is often what sets any outfit apart from the competition.
• Knowledge– A good designer should be knowledgeable about fabrics, colors and texture with a view towards zeroing in on the right materials for designing outfits and choosing color combinations that work.
• Updated– Fashion designers who have their finger on the pulse of modern consumers are the ones who are always updated with the latest fashion trends rocking the globe. Continually updating oneself is the key to success in this field.
• Communication– Fashion Designers who juggle various assignments swear by the importance of good communication skills. Working in teams, getting your message across to everybody else and striking the right chord when it comes to getting work done on time requires excellent communication.
• Business Savvy– Some amount of flair in business is required for any fashion designer to start becoming a successful entity in his/her own right. There should be some knowledge about sales, advertising, marketing, finances and other aspects. Creativity is the core while a flair for business is the topping in this industry.
If you are looking for the best school of fashion design, the Gurukul School of Design in Jaipur offers a vast and holistic fashion curriculum for aspirants under the guidance of iconic fashion and lifestyle designer Raghavendra Rathore and a board comprising of some of India’s biggest names across sectors. Learning at Gurukul School of Design is not just about preparing aspirants for a successful career in the fashion industry; it combines artistic expression and business sense with self-management and well-being.